Skip to main content

Chicago Crime Analysis

During my studies at the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University, my team and I completed a short project evaluating criminal patterns in the city of Chicago. Using five years of data from the Chicago Police Department plus data from the United States Sentencing Commission (USSC), we ran a detailed analysis in R to recommend the most efficient allocation of the Chicago PD's personnel resources to Chicago districts based on crime intensity and frequency. Our report includes a comprehensive plot of the suggested geographical location of all police units by latitude and longitude.

Enjoy!





Popular posts from this blog

My Collegiate Track & Field Experience

In this post, I give you a complete narrative of my personal track and field experience. I document the highs, the lows, and the (eventually career-ending) injuries. I describe the successes, the failures, and everything in between; the mental health battles, the sacrifices, the brutal scrutiny, the love/hate relationships that developed, the exhaustion and physical agony, and I try not to spare you any details.                 She’s pretty lengthy. So decide now if you want to commit 20 minutes of your time reading it. This is your only warning. (:                  Full disclosure… I initially wrote this for myself. I didn’t really intend for it to go anywhere (until I was contacted by a couple of student-athlete mental health advocacy groups). In the effort of participating in the trend of “full transparency,” I – after much deliberation – decided to post this for those that were interested. I want people to understand that the reality of being a high-level college athlete is far

Why the American Healthcare System Needs Economists

It's no secret that the US healthcare system is a complex web of interconnected -- and sometimes contrasting -- objectives designed to both protect and profit off of American citizens. It's messy, and it's uninviting. Now, I'm aware that there is no "one size fits all" solution to the complexities of the US healthcare system, as it spans over 50 different states, each with their own laws and policies. It involves individuals, providers, healthcare firms, insurance companies, medical professionals, government policymakers, policy recipients, supply chains, international trade of pharmaceuticals and equipment, national funding, and the list goes on and on. Bottom line? It's complex, inefficient, and expensive.  Over the years, I've been trained to think like an economist, and I'd love nothing more than to offer my two cents on the healthcare system that we've currently got in place. As a quick overview, I simply want to discuss the system as what